SLI?

mjf85 19:34 29 May 06

Hi

I have a newbie question, if a motherboard is SLI enabled it can obviously have 2 nVidia enables gfx cards. Can I if I wish though put one ATI card in the PCI-E slot instead or can I only use nVidia cards?

If I can only use nVidia cards then could you please tell me what the nVidia equivilant of the ATI X1900XTX 512Mb gfx is so I can get it.

Thanks

Mark

Totally-braindead 19:40 29 May 06

Yes you can use 1 ATI card but you can't use 2 ATI cards the SLI is only for Nvidia. Use this to compare if you wish click here

keef66 13:20 30 May 06

7900 gtx is top of the Nvidia dungheap at the moment, but I believe your ATI card is slightly faster.

If you're planning to buy two 7900 gtx's you'll be spending more on graphics cards than I will on the next pc!

DrScott 16:34 30 May 06

If the result of SLI is not quite as amazing as you might expect - many games are still not optimised for it, and personally I would go for one high end graphics card and wait. You can put another of the same card in at a later point (when it's also much cheaper!) when the games support SLI better...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…