Sleeping, or not?

ZZ Top 10:06 03 Sep 05

Running XP SP2. Defrag and scans scheduled to take place during evenings and small hours, and have set them to ‘wake the computer’. Often, although the computer appears to wake – the fan starts up and the lights flash – there is no screen activity and computer does not go back to sleep. However, neither does it appear to be fully awake as moving mouse or pressing the ‘wake up’ button has no effect; the only way forward is to power off. I have also noticed the following error message in the Scheduled Tasks log:

"Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer.job" (NAVW32.exe) 15/07/2005 20:00:09 ** ERROR **
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated" - and similar for Defrag.

Obviously programs are not running correctly, but seems to be problem with 'waking' rather than programs, as they behave properly if I run them when computer is awake.

All ideas to resolve gratefully received!

Number 7 11:03 03 Sep 05

Have look here click here

Do you have a Password for your account?

Note the bit about passwords under More Information.

ZZ Top 19:19 05 Sep 05

Yup, that's my problem. I tried to get hold of the fix but to no avail. The workarounds don't, so I've just had to bin all tasks and will have to run them manually. Thanx for helping

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…