sleep mode

Camp 19:13 03 Apr 07

need help when my computer goes to sleep i press mouse or move it about but it dosent come out of sleep mode this is a brand new computer hope any one can help

TOPCAT® 19:57 03 Apr 07

your PC? If so, then others are having problems getting it to 'wake up'. Suggest you see click here= for a possible answer. TC.

Phrixos 11:26 08 Dec 07

I've had a similar problem with my only two-week-old 32bit Vista rig--but I think (not actually 100% sure yet) I've found the solution.

My system would refuse to come out of overnight sleep mode--but, the thing is, not always. Most times, sleep mode works just fine for me.

Then it hit me. So far, I think the problem occurs only after I have used a registry cleaner. (I can't say which one, since in the short time available, I have used three different ones: Regcure, Regvacz,and Advanced Windows Care (no complaints about any of them), except psssibly against one of them, now. Verdict not in yet.)

Which one it is, however is not really my point since, I think the solution is: DON'T GO INTO SLEEP MODE AFTER USING A REGISTRY CLEANER--UNTIL YOU HAVE RESTARTED YOUR COMPUTER.

It may be that registy cleaners, (some, or all) remove a necessary file, but which is restored on startup.

I only know this with certainty. Since I have adopted the policy of restarting my computer after using ANY registry cleaner, I have not had a problem with Vista Sleep Mode.

ATB,
Phrixos

chrissul 11:28 08 Dec 07

are you running xp or vista. if you go into control panel and select power options you can choose whether or not the pc goes into sleep mode by choosing the power settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017