Slave h/drive not recognised after reformat of XP-

hssutton 20:27 25 Sep 04

All drives are listed under "Disk Manager" but slave H/drive is listed as "Unallocated". Please how do I access this drive.

Many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 20:29 25 Sep 04

Can you right click and format?

hssutton 20:34 25 Sep 04

Only option is "Convert to Dynamic Disk"

hssutton 20:36 25 Sep 04

Hit the send key by mistake, I meant to add that the slave drive is used to store all my photos, so do not want to reformat.

Rtus 20:37 25 Sep 04

Try using partition magic view both drives youll probably find the slave has been hidden..

Djohn 21:20 25 Sep 04

Not absolutely sure but think this is what you need to do. IE: Refresh the drive so that it is recognised. Please wait for confirmation though as I don't want you to lose files already on there.

To refresh drive letter, file system, and volume information

Open Computer Management (Local).

In the console tree, click Disk Management.
Where?

Computer Management (Local)
Storage
Disk Management

On the Action menu, click Refresh.

Notes

To open Computer Management, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.

When you click the Refresh command, Disk Management refreshes drive letter, file system, volume, and removable media information, and also checks to see if unreadable volumes are now readable. However, it does not scan hardware. To update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.

hssutton 21:46 25 Sep 04

Thanks for the help, but I've managed to sort it. I configured the slave as secondary master, rebooted, the drive was recognised, so saved my pics to "C" drive. Then reformatted and reinstalled drive as slave.

Probably the long way round but now I have a nice clean drive so I can probably organise my photos a little better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac