Slave Drive to Master Drive ?

MD__ 11:02 26 Jun 05

I have a 5 year old PC on Windows ME. It had only 4Gb master disk when i got it and i added a 40 Gb slave drive later.
Yesterday the primary disk 'died' started making screeching noises etc etc, i tried re formatting it but to no avail.
I thought the answer would be to bin the current master and simply replace it with the slave.
I have physically done this and changed the jumpers at the back of the disk.
I then started up with a boot disk and it says both primary master and slave hard disk fail.
I continue on and it says "setup founf a compressed volume or a disk cache utility on your computer. Quit and check your compresed volume with your disk compression software or remove the disk cache utility"
I am not aware of any such software ? if i continue on i get "cannot create a temp directory. if you have HPFS or NTFS installed on your drive you will need to create an msdos boot partition to set up windows.
Any ideas would be great, sorry its a bit long. Cheers

De Marcus 11:14 26 Jun 05

I'm not entirely sure how to solve this one as I've never seen those messages before, If I were in your position I would try a bios reset then the fdisk command and then a full format and then try the reinstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…