slave drive keeps switching off and on

seem to be having nothing but trouble with pc's recently! second slave drive, with my games on will keep powering up and down and obviously im getting not responding messages from the program concerned till it decides to come back on again, i have 2 wdc sata drives as slaves.
both show fine with smart and wdc diag tool, fine in bios, fine in computer management (active healthy partitions) both ultra dma mode 6 in sata advanced.
and this has just started happening for no obvious reason.
the temps both run around late 30c, and they are, and have always been, both connected on the same sata power cable to the sata port on psu.
is it knackered? or the motherboard please no!
the drives are and have always been connected to sata ports 3 and 4 out of 6, they wont fit on 1 and 2 because of grx cards.

thanks

xania 08:57 16 Jul 08

My favouite would be a warning the drive motor is about to fail. Recommend getting all important material backed up then replace.

lol im frantically 'rar' ing all the files but it's getting slower by the minute. it's about to die.
that's a cpu and a hdd in a week and they say things happen in three's!
think im gonna order a dell or something with onsite service. im really not enjoying this anymore!
thanks for the reply, drive's 4 months old.

xania 14:34 16 Jul 08

That sounds like a warranty job to me. You might find it quicker if you can just move all the files across to one of your other drives as a temporary measure.

thanks for the advice, the drive just made it. having looked at whats involved in western digital's rma process, i shall save them the bother, and buy a quality product i can trust. i shall however be returning them the drive together with my thoughts! thanks again for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…