skype webcam

pete. 10:53 12 Jun 08

hi i have setup skype with webcam works fine so i bought my brother webcam he has just download skype his webcam is working fine but when he tries test call microphone not working i have used the webcam on my laptop works fine he says its all plugged in ok he is using xp

Stuartli 11:04 12 Jun 08

He can test his sound configuration for Skype by following the help section at:

click here

Stuartli 11:05 12 Jun 08

Some of the sound configuration, especially for the mike, can prove somewhat of a surprise.

Technotiger 11:37 12 Jun 08

Hi, as regarding mic & mute - as Stuartli has said above, you might be surprised, have a look at his link! And it works!

Stuartli 12:51 12 Jun 08

I have the mike muted in both Record and Playback sections of the Volume icon Properties as advised by Skype - amazingly it works fine with my headset...:-)

Stuartli 12:51 12 Jun 08

I have the mike muted in both Record and Playback sections of the Volume icon Properties as advised by Skype - amazingly it works fine with my headset...:-)

Stuartli 15:21 12 Jun 08

Have you used the correct version of XP advice (presuming you are on XP)?

As I've already pointed out it works perfectly for me and your configuration is obviously fine for you - I also initially had sound problems a few years ago when first installing Skype and the advice given cured it.

Technotiger 15:33 12 Jun 08

Possible crossing of wires I think ... Messenger Live/Skype two different beasties!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…