Skype & Vista

Malapoa1 16:56 07 Apr 08

My son , who has been posted to Kabul, has suggested that I should install skype as he has access to it in Kabul. I have Vista Home Premium and have read of many problems that occur with Skype and Vista. Has anyone successful experience of thsi combination and, if so, what phone and cam do they use. My wife would prefer a phone to Mic. and speaker.

Technotiger 17:13 07 Apr 08

I use Skype with XP, but I have friends who use Skype with Vista without problems - they use a normal PC Mic and speakers - I use a headset with a boom mic, though it all works excellently when using just the speakers/mic combination. A Logitech 4000Pro is great with Skype, though most webcams will do a decent job. I video-chat to a mate in Zanzibar regularly, also to my son in Lanzarote, among just a couple of my contacts.

Be aware that local conditions overseas may affect the quality of video and audio, but still well worth the little bit of effort.

anskyber 17:17 07 Apr 08

In my skype circle three of us use Vista without any problems at all. I have a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam but use a separate desk mic rather than the built in cam mic.

rawprawn 17:27 07 Apr 08

No problem here with Skype and Vista.I have honestly not heard of these problems.
Your son is in Kabul, Do It! and give him my best wishes.(On Skype of course)

Malapoa1 18:08 07 Apr 08

Thanks Guys and/or Gals. I will go ahead on your advice

Born2reign 17:29 10 Aug 08

My Vista is 32bit version, an I couldn't download at all, said there was a win32 app problem or not compatible ... which skype version did you use successfully? Thx.

Malapoa1 18:20 10 Aug 08

Mine is Skype 3.8 - good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…