skype probs

johnnyrocker 23:27 03 Jan 08

version 3.6.0.159 i prev posted a prob re skype which i took to be a transatlantic prob but just now the friend in uk i was linked to took an advised upgrade and my skype went kaput when i start it and try the test call i get an error message "skype has encountered a problem and needs to close" which is what i previously had running xp pro sp2 any offers please?

johnny.

Pamy 10:19 04 Jan 08

If it will not go away I would remove all trace of Skype an then download and install gain

Pamy 10:21 04 Jan 08

3.6.0.216 is what I have

mike40 10:30 04 Jan 08

I was having problems until I loaded the latest version 3.6.0.244. the sound and video quality has improved a great deal.

johnnyrocker 12:08 04 Jan 08

have uninstalled ran cc cleaner and re installed, it seems ok except it has lost my contacts but tonight will tell, thanks for advice so far.

johnny

Sea Urchin 13:53 04 Jan 08

Yes, 3.6.0.244 seems to be the latest version - hope the reinstall will solve your problem.

johnnyrocker 14:07 04 Jan 08

thanks i shall know tonight

johnny,

johnnyrocker 23:33 04 Jan 08

it was brilliant for about 5 mins of conversation then got intermittent and crackly when other party talked, it eventually progressed to the error ' encountered a problem etc' among other failure messages.

johnny

Stuartli 23:49 04 Jan 08

Try the Skype sound solutions advice:

click here

Some of it may surprise you.

johnnyrocker 23:56 04 Jan 08

thanks for that it looks very useful, as i am a tad tired i shall play with it tomorrow

johnnny

johnnyrocker 19:35 05 Jan 08

i have set up pc as close as i could to that which was specified and we shall see, it must be quite old those instructions as skype is set up different but we shall see tonight.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video