Skype problem

kimtrnc 09:47 AM 17 May 11

I have given up on trying to fix a problem with Skype - keeps going round in circles. The problem: I have 2 skype names - a redundant one (kimig1, which I have not used for years) and the one I now use regularly (kimpavey, which holds my credit and all my contacts) Skype will only allow me to access the "old" name. The "kimpavey" account shows in My Account, and I eventually managed to retrieve my credit, but I am totally unable to access the kimpavey account withing Skype itself. Would like to have my credit back, if possible, but ESSENTIAL that I use this account, because it has all my precious contacts. Please can anyone help?

onthelimit1 09:50 AM 17 May 11

Odd -I have several Skype accts for different members of the family on the same email address. What happens when you try to log in? Message?

Woolwell 09:52 AM 17 May 11

make sure that you are logged out of the old account.

kimtrnc 10:01 AM 17 May 11

I wish I had known that it was as simple as that - thanks for the logout tip. Now, how do I get rid of the unwanted account without shaking everything else out, please?

Woolwell 10:11 AM 17 May 11

May not be possible see How to delete Skype name

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…