Skype problem

kimtrnc 09:47 AM 17 May 11

I have given up on trying to fix a problem with Skype - keeps going round in circles. The problem: I have 2 skype names - a redundant one (kimig1, which I have not used for years) and the one I now use regularly (kimpavey, which holds my credit and all my contacts) Skype will only allow me to access the "old" name. The "kimpavey" account shows in My Account, and I eventually managed to retrieve my credit, but I am totally unable to access the kimpavey account withing Skype itself. Would like to have my credit back, if possible, but ESSENTIAL that I use this account, because it has all my precious contacts. Please can anyone help?

onthelimit1 09:50 AM 17 May 11

Odd -I have several Skype accts for different members of the family on the same email address. What happens when you try to log in? Message?

Woolwell 09:52 AM 17 May 11

make sure that you are logged out of the old account.

kimtrnc 10:01 AM 17 May 11

I wish I had known that it was as simple as that - thanks for the logout tip. Now, how do I get rid of the unwanted account without shaking everything else out, please?

Woolwell 10:11 AM 17 May 11

May not be possible see How to delete Skype name

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…