Skype & Logitech webcam

Rutlander 09:05 03 Jun 07

I used Skype successfully with a cheap microphone costing about £1.30
Now I have got a webcam - Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 -and the vision is alright but sometimes I cannot hear the other person and other times they cannot hear me.
The sound is usually alright for the first minute and then there is silence.
I know other people who have bought webcams but have had to go back to their old microphones for the sound.
Can anybody help with the settings?

Bagsey 09:15 03 Jun 07

One of the main problems that I found was feed back from the loud speakers situated behind me and facing straight at the microphone. I got round this by switching of the mike in the webcam and using my house phone for sound. To do this I used an Actiontech box costing about £25.00 . Now I can make excellent contact arround the world.

technonovice 18:19 15 Aug 07

I also have trouble with Quickcam Pro 5000 and the sound. Skype to Skype is OK but calls to landlines on SkypeOut are awful - the people I call say I sound as if I am at the bottom of the sea or talking into a barrel. I have the playback mic. muted. On Windows XP Skypeout worked fine, now I have Vista. Anyone know if the problem is Vista-related?

Stuartli 18:55 15 Aug 07

Is your onboard sound or sound card listed as the Default Sound Device in Skype (Tools>Options)?

Skype advice on sound configuration and problems at:

click here

technonovice 11:37 16 Aug 07

Thanks for the link Stuartli - but in Vista nothing looks like that! I find it impossible to work out the Vista alternatives from the info. given for XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now