Skype for Linux

SonnyB 22:04 24 Jul 09

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook for which I am trying to download Skype but the download page gives me several options such as ubunto, debian etch, xantros etc, but which do I download?

crosstrainer 22:16 24 Jul 09

A few here:

click here|GAWS-_-EMEAF|GB|EN-_-BD|DOWNL-_-zf8xm7

click here
Have tried the first link, works fine, but only dabble in Linux these day's.

Second link gives a bit more info.

LastChip 22:37 24 Jul 09

This should help:
click here

SonnyB 22:52 24 Jul 09

Thanks both but crosstrainer your link is the one I tried and thats the one that goes to all the different versions, so back to my original question, which do I download?
LastChip, your links goes to a forum but I am still confused about what exactly I need to do.

woodchip 23:20 24 Jul 09

Thats the Fun of running Linux. Fun in it!

LastChip 23:26 24 Jul 09

I've found an easier way for you. Click on Skype in this link:
click here

Download and follow the instructions on the page.

If you're new to Linux, I suggest you write down the instructions from the page. Make sure you follow them exactly. Essentially, it's just a couple of double clicks to install Skype.

Download --> Unzip --> Install

octal 07:28 25 Jul 09

Doesn't your package manager have a copy of Skype in it. It makes it a whole lot easier to download and you can be sure it will be tailored for the system you are using.

Incidentally, what version of Linux do you have on your NetBook? The reason I ask is that I had Ubuntu light on mine and it was the most user unfriendly version of Linux I've ever come across, I've since overwritten it with PCLinuxOS and it's a clone of its big brother desktop I'm using and it runs a dream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos