Skype on laptop....but HOW do i create an account?

julius44 09:26 30 Jul 09

Hello i have my friends laptop with me for a few days, and she's asked me to install skype on her laptop which i have. when i installed it, i didnt set up an account for her, all i did woz install it, then test it out with my own skpe account details, as I already have a skype account. Now she wishes for me to set a skype account up for her,..but i cant seem to find HOW to do this please.....i'm hoping that i do not have to uninstall it first, and then re-install and then when it asks to set up an account, then do it this way......any help would be much appreciated

Technotiger 09:46 30 Jul 09

Just type Skype into Google, when the window opens click on Account, then set up an account for your friend. If your friend is not with you when you do it, make sure you remember Passwords/Skype Name, etc.

julius44 09:52 30 Jul 09

hi technotiger, i tried what u said and it asked for user name and password, can u kindly send me the link pls, as i'm just trying to create a skype account on a lptop that already has skype installed, thanks

Technotiger 09:56 30 Jul 09

I have had another look - it appears that you do need to re-download Skype and then set-up a new account. You don't need to uninstall it first, the new download/install will take care of that.

julius44 10:00 30 Jul 09

Thhanks technotiger, i kinda had a feeling that i'd have to do this even though i only wanted it to be the last resort, at least as u said i wont have to uninstall it first

Stuartli 11:00 30 Jul 09

>>as i'm just trying to create a skype account on a lptop that already has skype installed, thanks>>

The problem is that you've set up an account that is in your name.

You will almost certainly have to start afresh by removing Skype, including account details, and then creating an account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…