Skype inability to connecvt

thumbscrew 11:06 18 Sep 10

I've been trying- and failing to talk to my daughter in Dubai, using a webcam through Skype. I've succeeded before but no joy this time. Anyone know if there's a problem?

julius44 11:18 18 Sep 10

When u ring her what actually happens?? i.e. what message do u get?? Also can she try to ring u from dubai on skpye as well?? So is she having problems ringing u?? I've had friends that have had a few problems ringing people in dubai in the past though

thumbscrew 11:43 18 Sep 10

Cheers julius,"Message Failed" is what I get.

julius44 12:00 18 Sep 10

okay, and what happens if she tries to ring u?? Is she getting the exact same error message at her end as well??

thumbscrew 12:15 18 Sep 10

Well, I couldn't get connected, so I'm unsure if she was attempting to click at her end, or if she received a message. My Webcam however was working. Also, I tried to type a message and still was unsuccessful

Woolwell 12:20 18 Sep 10

On the contacts tab is there a green icon next to your daughter's details?

thumbscrew 12:27 18 Sep 10

Greetings Woolwell, no there's a green tick in the "Sound Test" line, but an x in a white box next to hers.

Woolwell 12:32 18 Sep 10

It's probably grey click here which means that your daughter isn't on-line. Either her computer isn't switched on, her broadband is down or she hasn't started Skype or she logged off.

thumbscrew 12:39 18 Sep 10

Yes that's the one, cheers Woolwell, I'll text her for details. One thing, I believe she's got a new laptop since we last Skyped, could it mean she's got to reconnect to me?

Woolwell 12:44 18 Sep 10

Has she downloaded Skype and set up the account on her new laptop?

thumbscrew 12:47 18 Sep 10

I'm beginning to think maybe not, I'm texting her at the moment, no reply yet. I'll get back when I get the info. Until then, thanks both, for the help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…