Skype and IE problem

Grambo 11:56 22 Jan 09

I installed Skype last night on my vista pc and got it running ok. Whenever i open up a web page now i get a box come up that says 'A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer' and its identified as Skype. Now i may of done something during installation, but how can i stop this and get rid of. Thanks

ambra4 14:05 22 Jan 09

Open Skype – Tools – Notifications

Untick “When a program wants to use Skype shows a windows tray alert”

You should also check if skype was installed in IE as a plugin

Grambo 14:27 22 Jan 09

Tried the notifications you suggested, but it still shows that dialog box so no change.

How to i check IE plugins

ambra4 16:09 22 Jan 09

In IE 7 Tools – Options – Programs - at the bottom of displays click the “Manage Plugin Button’

and remove Skype

Grambo 19:00 22 Jan 09

Well i tried disabling the 2 skype plug ins and still get the IE security dialog box appearing.

ambra4 19:02 22 Jan 09

Have you restarted the computer after removal

Grambo 19:22 22 Jan 09

Just tried that to, but the little rascal is still coming back. It only seems to be happening on ebay as i have tried random favourites and the box does not appear. Certainly not on this web site

ambra4 19:57 22 Jan 09

Open Skype – Tools – Notifications –Alters & Messages and Un-tick all the boxes save

close Skype

Grambo 13:18 23 Jan 09

That did the trick, it actually had ebay listed for some reason. Many thanks for your patience and help

ambra4 13:24 23 Jan 09

Always glad to help

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…