Skype free International calls

MIKE 09:53 04 Apr 04

Hi Guys sorry if this is the wrong forum for this piece of advice. Does anyone know about click here, there was an article in the Sunday Times last week regarding free International calls using click here. I looked at their webb site and it states it uses peer to peer technology, after all the problems with Kazzar and various other sites regarding spyware, virus etc. I am somewhat worried about using this company. Does anyone use this company to talk over the internet and do you have any feed back.

byfordr 10:21 04 Apr 04

Not found any spyware, only works if both people have skype on their pcs. There was a recent thread on it if you search for skype in the helproom.

R

helmetshine 10:24 04 Apr 04

I've been using it for a few weeks now......very easy to set up and use{had to be or i'd have never figured out how to use it}
I regularily update and run AVG,Adaware,Spybot and Pest Patrol and none of these has found anything,so when it says it's spyware and adware free i tend to believe it.
Only word of warning....it does seem to use up a fair amount of bandwidth,so if you play online games turn it off before you go online or it can cause lag

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:54 04 Apr 04

Tried it, caused too much lag, caused some websites (Incl. this one)to broadcast the dreaded '404 not found' and is a very poor cousin of messenger...Prefer Messenger 6, more people have it and one can broadcast videos of one's ugly mug to scare the kids. I'll give Skype a year as it has no discernible advantages to Messenger and a few big disadvantages.

G

MIKE 12:32 04 Apr 04

As always guy's many thanks, will leave it alone for now and use messenger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now