Skype Exception EFCreateError error message

tallboy 20:00 27 Dec 09

When I try to start Skype on my wife's Dell Studio 15 PC (running 64-bit Win 7 with McAfee Internet Security) I get an error message: 'Exception EFCreateError in module ezPMUtils.dll at 000274C1.'

My Eclipse PC runs the same OS (64-bit) but the Internet Security is Kaspersky. Skype runs fine on my PC. Since the only obvious difference (between the two system) is the Internet Security software, I suspect McAfee may be causing this problem.

How do I check for this and set McAfee accordingly? If not being caused by McAfee, what else might be causing it?

All ideas welcome!

Thanks

Tallboy

MAJ 20:27 27 Dec 09

Try this click here

tallboy 09:36 28 Dec 09

Many thanks for the link MAJ - that fixed it!

I did seach the Skype Community web pages before posting my request for help on the PC Advisor Help Forum, but my search certainly didn't come up with this page. Actually, I think the Skype 'Help System' isn't a patch on the PC Advisor Help Forum and no where could I find a way to contact a Skype Help Desk - free or paid.

I see the posting you found dates back to October 2007 - over 2 years ago. It's time Skype had a fix for it! I didn't find out what I was 'missing' by unselecting the 'Extras' - but if they screw up the main functions of Skype, who wants them anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…