skype...?? to cyprus??

jonostar 21:38 21 Jun 05

have heard alot about skype.. will it be possible to use skype to speak to some one in cyprus if they have dial up connection and i have bb whats the cost of skype.. is this a one off fee?? any help much appreciated..xx thanks

Lionheart ? 22:11 21 Jun 05

Should find info you require click here

Stuartli 23:05 21 Jun 05

Skype is free, apart from the version by which you can call landlines etc.

I use it to speak to one of my offspring in the Cayman Islands and/or the other offspring (using voice-conferencing); it's just like being in the same room whilst talking to each other - and all free of charge...:-)

Audeal 00:39 22 Jun 05

I sometimes chat to my brother in Australia for free, using Skype. The connection is across the internet and costs nothing.

You do, however pay when you call a Landline. For example, If I should call my borther on his Landline the call can be broken down as follows:

The call across the internet is free. But the free call is only to his local exchange. The call will then be connected to his Landline and you will then be charged for that part of the call, which is just a local call.

I hope I have explained this well enough for you to understand. The charge is for a local call only.

Graham ® 09:04 22 Jun 05

Skype will work on dial-up - minimum 33.6 Kbps. Give it a try, it's free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…