Skype call dropout

Remy Martin 10:32 29 Jan 05

I have recently started using Skype but I those I call frequently report that my voice tends to drop out. I can hear themloud and clear. I have a broadband connection with 256kbps upload. My PC runs 512 MB RAM and an Athloan XP 2000+ processor, so I am at loss to understand why this is. Has anyone else experienced this problem. It occurs both using mic and speakers, or routing through a bluetooth headset.

Terry Brown 10:39 29 Jan 05

I'm not sure, but it sounds as if your 256k 'Broadband' is not fast enough to send and receive. Are the persons you talk to using the same speed broadband or a faster one (i.e 512 or imb)

Remy Martin 10:41 29 Jan 05

It is only my upload speed which is 256kbps. My download connection is 1.1 Mbps. So far as I am aware my friends all have a similar upload speed and a slower download speed. It says it should work on a dial up connection (though I haven't tried it) so I don't think this is the cause of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…