skype 3.8

aitch2 19:41 18 Feb 09

Can anyone provide a link to skype 3.8. I upgraded to skype 4(beta) and am having so much of a problem that I want to go back to 3.8. Skype only provides 4 from its site, and a google search seems to link me to a lot of eastern sites.
Thanks
Aitch

Technotiger 20:00 18 Feb 09

I have Skype 3.8 (the actual download - as saved earlier in My completed downloads).

I have just experimented in sending it to myself via email - if this works I might be able to send it to you via email, thro your yellow envelope, perhaps!!

I will let you, shortly hopefully, if my experiment worked.

Technotiger 20:01 18 Feb 09

Meant to say - "I will let you know, shortly hopefully ...."

aitch2 20:12 18 Feb 09

Thanks for the reply. If it's successful perhaps we could achieve a mutual response via the yellow envelope.
Thanks,
Aitch

bremner 20:20 18 Feb 09

Skype 4 is no longer in beta. Have you tried the full release.

Technotiger 20:26 18 Feb 09

Sorry Aitch, it didn't work - looked as if it was going to, even got to 100% sending (took 12 minutes), but then got a message, Could not Send!

As Bremner says Version 4 is now the finished jobbie - I am using Skype 4 and it is fine.

aitch2 20:26 18 Feb 09

Haven't tried skype-4 in full, I'm a little bit reluctant to do so after all the problems with the (4) beta. At least as far as I was concerned 3.8 was more stable, in spite of trying to get a resolve through the skype forums.
Aitch

brundle 20:27 18 Feb 09

Take your pick; click here

aitch2 20:30 18 Feb 09

Technotiger; looks like our posts crossed. Thanks for the help and offer. Much appreciated. Perhaps I will now try the add/ remove solution and try a clean download.
My thanks to bremmner for the info.Will mark this as resolved.
Aitch,

Technotiger 20:33 18 Feb 09

OK, Cheers, I am sure you will find Version 4 is OK.

I did not like the Beta4 either!

ambra4 20:56 18 Feb 09

Skype 3.8 download is available from these sites

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…