skype 3.8

aitch2 19:41 18 Feb 09

Can anyone provide a link to skype 3.8. I upgraded to skype 4(beta) and am having so much of a problem that I want to go back to 3.8. Skype only provides 4 from its site, and a google search seems to link me to a lot of eastern sites.
Thanks
Aitch

Technotiger 20:00 18 Feb 09

I have Skype 3.8 (the actual download - as saved earlier in My completed downloads).

I have just experimented in sending it to myself via email - if this works I might be able to send it to you via email, thro your yellow envelope, perhaps!!

I will let you, shortly hopefully, if my experiment worked.

Technotiger 20:01 18 Feb 09

Meant to say - "I will let you know, shortly hopefully ...."

aitch2 20:12 18 Feb 09

Thanks for the reply. If it's successful perhaps we could achieve a mutual response via the yellow envelope.
Thanks,
Aitch

bremner 20:20 18 Feb 09

Skype 4 is no longer in beta. Have you tried the full release.

Technotiger 20:26 18 Feb 09

Sorry Aitch, it didn't work - looked as if it was going to, even got to 100% sending (took 12 minutes), but then got a message, Could not Send!

As Bremner says Version 4 is now the finished jobbie - I am using Skype 4 and it is fine.

aitch2 20:26 18 Feb 09

Haven't tried skype-4 in full, I'm a little bit reluctant to do so after all the problems with the (4) beta. At least as far as I was concerned 3.8 was more stable, in spite of trying to get a resolve through the skype forums.
Aitch

brundle 20:27 18 Feb 09

Take your pick; click here

aitch2 20:30 18 Feb 09

Technotiger; looks like our posts crossed. Thanks for the help and offer. Much appreciated. Perhaps I will now try the add/ remove solution and try a clean download.
My thanks to bremmner for the info.Will mark this as resolved.
Aitch,

Technotiger 20:33 18 Feb 09

OK, Cheers, I am sure you will find Version 4 is OK.

I did not like the Beta4 either!

ambra4 20:56 18 Feb 09

Skype 3.8 download is available from these sites

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…