281apple 18:23 23 Nov 05

I'm now away from home many weeks and have XP but do not have access to ADSL (Broadband). At home with XP and ADSL Skype works like a charm. I tried using Skype without ADSL (Broadband) but it does not work at all...just a little mumbling leaks through. Any ideas on how to use Skype without ADSL?
Second question: Could Yahoo Messanger or some other program work well WITHOUT ADSL?

johnnyrocker 18:36 23 Nov 05

you could try yahoo or msn either of which is likely to work ok.

johnny.

Angry Kid 18:59 23 Nov 05

i have previously used skype on a dial up service and had no probs at all. Admittedly it was not as fast as bb but none the less it worked.

Angry ;)

281apple 22:28 23 Nov 05

Angry Kid, I understood that you used it with only XP but not with bb and it worked well. Is that correct? But did you call from a computer to computer or from a computer to a fixed phone? I got it working OK on a computer to computer basis but it is still only mumbling on a computer to a fixed phone basis.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…