Sky + to USB TV stick

ArrGee 09:51 24 Jun 06

Help please!
I have a Sky+ box. Two of the outputs on the back are RF Out 1 and RF Out 2. RF Out 2 has a standard coax cable running to my bedroom. RF Out 1 has a standard coax cable running to a laptop. The laptop does not have a tv card, so the cable is connected to an MSI USB TV stick. The software provided with the stick is Presto!PVR. The TV in the bedroom works just fine (with a Magic Eye connected too) but the Presto PVR software does not detect any signal from the Sky+ box. What am I doing wrong???

fitshase 10:29 24 Jun 06

It may be the case that the USB TV Stick has a tuner built in and it is looking for signals from a standard aerial (not a digital signal from Sky+).

I don't know for sure but I know there is a difference between the USB TV sticks and a PCI TV Capture card.

Regards

Fitshase

Graham ® 10:36 24 Jun 06

RF Out would be analogue, not digital.

Graham ® 11:06 24 Jun 06

I thought about this whilst grilling the bacon (it still maintains it is innocent).

There would be two signals present if the Sky box has an analogue aerial as well as the digital dish signal. Both should be detected.

ArrGee 08:09 25 Jun 06

Thanks for the early responses, but still no joy.

ArrGee 12:59 29 Jun 06

Well chaps, I have (finally) found the problem. The DVB TV Stick that I using only accepts digital signals. With the Sky box RF output being analogue, the stick could not pick up the signal. I have now exchanged the stick for a hybrid analogue-digital version. Thanks anyhows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…