Sky router and wireless

pringles 15:54 08 Nov 08

I have recently got sky broadband with router. I have connected it all up like the cd shows - no problem. The internet is working fine. But the router is sat on top of my desktop upstairs but my laptop lives downstairs and is not picking up the signal - therefore no connection downstairs. Is is possible to put my router downstairs and if so how?
Thanks

shellship 17:53 08 Nov 08

We have Sky BB with their router which we use with a laptop which can be used in several places in the house without difficulty. Have you tried putting the laptop next to the router? If the lappy does not recognise the router there then this removes the geography as a reason for the problem.

pringles 18:39 08 Nov 08

The laptop does pick up the signal when in the same room but i want to use the laptop downstairs. I would like to know how to make a connection downstairs with the router instead of it sitting on the desktop.

Mogsy21 16:28 10 Nov 08

Tried changing the wireless channel? I had a problem where my laptop upstairs would not pick up the router downstairs, changed the channel to 8 and it worked fine BUT the signal wasn't very good, there is an option on the router if you have the "DG834GT Super Wireless" in the wireless settings to put it on a "108mbps" settin range, this (to me) sort of made my router range wider. I now get a full signal all around the house at all times now.

Hope this helps :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…