Sky Router

tonyt1151 20:14 13 Nov 07

I have Sky BB running wirelessly through the router they supplied and a matching adaptor plugged into my desktop.Both these units are Netgear. What I want to know is can the router be reconfigured to get another ISP if I leave Sky and go to someone who maybe only supplies a wired router/modem for free(with the option to buy a wireless one). If so what info will I need and how would I obtain it and then how would I reconfigure the router?

Tim1964 00:26 14 Nov 07

Yes it is.

But not recommended.

click here

But as 'wireless' is almost (if not completely) standard now I would guess any ISP would offer a wireless router anyway.

tonyt1151 19:13 14 Nov 07

Thanks for that info. Best I leave it alone and go for someone that supplies a wireless router. Unfortunately the ISP I was thinking of using make a charge for a wireless one but supply a wired one free

Kemistri 13:27 16 Nov 07

Better to pick your own choice of wireless router if/when you ever need a new one anyway. As with all products, they can range from excellent to pretty awful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple