Sky Player and Silverlight

awest3 15:54 29 Aug 10

To watch sky player on a PC MS Silverlight needs to be installed. Mine has this but each time I try to waych Sky Player it asks that Sliverlight be installed. If I try to install it, the PC says 'already installed'. I have to uninstall Silverlight then re-install it to make it work. Any ideas on how to fix this ..? Its getting a bit tedious to say the least..

gengiscant 16:19 29 Aug 10

I have exactly the same type of problem, but with me it is with Skydrive. I think it is down to a reg cleaner removing a component or two which buggers Silverlight.
Hasn't bothered me enough to find out which cleaner is doing the deed though yet.

awest3 22:31 29 Aug 10

Good thought. I run a reg cleaner ever time I've been on the computer...I'll test out the theory and get back..

awest3 08:09 31 Aug 10

seems to be holding.....I've not run cc for a couple of days....I'll leave it a while longer to make sure then I need to find out what cc is getting rid to cause the issue.

gengiscant 11:06 31 Aug 10

Glad to see you have maybe got a handle on the problem.I don't actally use CC so yet again some poorly coded software from Microsoft that can easily be buggered by reg cleaners.

awest3 15:18 01 Sep 10

Aw heck! After putting my PC back together (subject of another post).. I acccidentaly ran CC.

Silverlight still worked on Sky player after this...so it looks like its back to the drawing board on what makes it fail to identify that Silverlight is already installed...

gengiscant 17:05 01 Sep 10

Hmm,maybe it is not a Reg cleaner doing the dirty. When I can be bothered I will have a looksee.

tullie 18:17 01 Sep 10

Are you using the downloadable sky player,or the online version?

awest3 23:07 01 Sep 10

Online version...I think...

awest3 17:12 05 Sep 10

Just tried to watch the cricket...same again need to install siverlight, then can't install because already installed so I have to uninstall yet again then reinstall...it all works then for a while even through reboots and CC cleanup...then it just goes again... any ideas guys and gals..?

gengiscant 11:26 06 Sep 10

Have a look at this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now