sky netgear router belkin usb adapter problems

spireite1971 19:54 15 Oct 07

hi hope someone can help. i have sky broadband using the netgear router supplied by them and a belkin fsd 7051 g+ usb adapter in my desktop upstairs. for four weeks everthing has been fine until saturday when i couldnt get a signal from the router. i took the usb adapter back to pcworld to get a new one as i though it was this but when i connected this i had the same problem. so i lugged my desktop downtairs and tried the router through the cable and everthing worked. i then attatched the belkin usb adapter and i had a signal ( approx 50% strength a metre away from the router ) so i lumped the desktop back upstairs and when i connected again, hey presto no signal. i have phoned sky who are sending me a new router. anyone any ideas why i could get a signal one day and nothing the next and what the problem may be. the desktop is upstairs at the opposite end of the house to the router (three bed semi), but as i say i could get a signal.look forward to your help,regards

Ashrich 11:42 16 Oct 07

I think that until the new wireless router arrives and has been set up we will not know what the problem is/was . Do you have you electrical stuff plugged in to surge protectors at all ( 4 or 6 port surge and spike protectors with trailing lead to main socket )?It is possible that the router has received a semi fatal surge and has got damaged .

Ashley

spireite1971 14:39 16 Oct 07

hi thanks for your reply. i dont have any surge protectors in my house. although i was wondering if the router may not be transmitting the signal as well as it should due to a fault with the router. though i guess this will be answered when i get the new one.regards

krishnan99 20:41 09 Nov 07

I purchased a netgear wpn824 wireless router so that I could avoid manually switching the e/net cable between two home computers.

I loaded the CD provided. On the main menu screen clicked Setup and on the next Installation Setup screen, having closed all programs and turned virgin media supplied firewall off, I clicked Next. The progress bar started but soon after I got the message that "the Network adapter in this computer is not responding. Click Quit to Exit Installation assistant". I was therefore unable to progress with configuration. Can anyonbe help please?

I run Win 2000 and have a network adapter that works perfectly connected to the NTL cable modem. I tried (a) With e/net cable disconnected from the internet/cable modem (b) Connected to internet/cable modem (c) E/net cable from the computer connected to the router port 1 with router powered on. All these returned the same error message.

Any solutions? All / any help greatly appreciated.

Pat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…