Sky/ netgear router

Mr "B" 20:27 23 Apr 07

Sky is my new broadband provider with a wireless router. With my previous router which is the same as my new one i had to set it up myself so i could go into the settings of my router by going to its home page by putting in a series of numbers 192.168.01 (or something like that) i could then secure the settings tomy own preference. How do i get into the settings of this new router and change the SSID etc because it came with all this all set up. I'd prefer to put my own settings in it or can this not be done. Cheers.

STREETWORK 21:23 23 Apr 07

Go into network connections from control panel. Right click the connection and then select the properties, select the TCP/IP and then properties, then select Alternative Configuration and here you should be able to select your own...

postie24 18:18 24 Apr 07

Type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar in your browser to go to the router homepage,you will need to type in admin as the user name and sky as the password.
Click on wireless to set up encryption,use wpa-psk and choose a wpa key of your choice.Heres some examples of secure wpa keys click here

Hope this helps
Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…