Sky netgear router

Kingfisher 17:48 30 Jan 07

A friend of mine has a sky netgear router model number DG834gt she has sinced swithed to talktalk but is having to wait for talktalk to provide one of their routers, can the netgear router be configured to be used with talktalk, there does not appear to be an installation disk and I do not know how to get to the router configuration set up or connect to the internet, someone has suggested that the router might be locked to sky only, any help would be appreciated many thanks

Graham. 18:07 30 Jan 07

The router may indeed be setup for Sky only. ('If only I had Sky for you').

There is a Sky Broadband setup disc which your friend should have, but it won't do you any good. Perhaps the Netgear site could provide a driver.

Kingfisher 18:17 30 Jan 07

Thanks Graham, you have confirmed what I was thinking, will keep the posting going for a while then will click as resolved and my friend will have to wait for the talktalk modem to turn up

bruno 18:31 30 Jan 07

When I first got Sky their router did not arrive on time and when I rang their service department to see if I could use my existing router they told me that my connection would be locked into their router when it arrived and there was no way around it.

Kingfisher 18:38 30 Jan 07

thanks bruno now ticked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…