Sky Internet Connection Issues - Wireless

ja0005 10:13 22 Jul 09

Hello,

When I switch on my PC I usually get a message saying "Unable to connect to network". I can connect eventually by using the View Wireless Network screen yet sometimes it disconnects.

My Desktop is upstairs whereas my router (sagem I think - it came from Sky) is downstairs and one room away, if that makes sense!.

My question is could the connection probs be due to the router not sending a powerful enough signal, and if so would an old BT Hub be of any use in sorting this out, as I'd guess it is just a router with a fancy name?

As you can probably tell I'm not the most technical person on the planet so any help would be appreciated.

^wave^ 11:24 22 Jul 09

in your wirless connections you should have it added as connect automatically well on xp not sure about vista but would think it should be similar

ja0005 11:45 22 Jul 09

Hi Wave, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm on XP and have ticked the connect automatically box. Sometimes it connects automatically but most times it doesn't.

^wave^ 18:54 22 Jul 09

im on sky and mine seems ok it maybe slow because of the distance and rooms in between

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…