sky distribution kits

Grambo 18:15 13 Jan 05

Not really a pc question i know. I have seen in a catalog, kits which enable a second tv (in another room) recieve satellite tv from main tv top box via infra red. There is huge difference in price so has anyone had any experience using this set up. Have seen Masterplug kits advertised. Again apols for using this forum but you guys have answers for everything

TECHNODIMWIT 18:36 13 Jan 05

click here

these seem to do the job,

i will be trying when i move at the end of the month.

ICF 19:28 13 Jan 05

Grambo said:- " I have seen in a catalog, kits which enable a second tv (in another room) recieve satellite tv from main tv top box via infra red."

Grambo you can't transmit anything via infrared through a wall.

kpr 19:43 13 Jan 05

I have been using a similar idea to TECHNODIMWIT's link for couple of years with no problems.
Can even use remote control from other room - the infrared does travel from sender to receiver no probs - mine goes from upstairs to downstairs.
Both Tv's must have scart socket though.

Grambo 19:44 13 Jan 05

Thanks for putting me straight. Sort of reminds me why i asked the q in the first place. Anyone else who reads q please substitute 'infrared' for wireless please :-)

Grambo 19:47 13 Jan 05

Thanks for that. Seems like those beams dont like walls but are ok thru ceilings

Graham ® 19:54 13 Jan 05

Or ceiling.

Graham ® 20:08 13 Jan 05

To confirm, these devices use radio waves to transmit and receive the signals. Infrared does come into the picture (sic) in that you dangle an infrared transmitter in front of the Sky box for the remote to work.

Dirty Dick 20:12 13 Jan 05

Can you use these boxes to connect two Tv's, in different room, without a co-ax cable and also without a Sky Box, video etc
DD

Grambo 20:24 13 Jan 05

Transmit TV, VCR, DVD etc, to any room in your house
• Ideal for use with Freeview and Sky TV
• IR extension function allows you to operate AV equipment in other rooms
• PAL and NTSC compatible
• Stable 2.4GHz signal operates through walls, floors and ceilings

Watch your TV, VCR, DVD, Sky satellite, Freeview or cable on a TV in any room in your home without needing to run a wire between them. Simply plug the transmitter into the source device (DVD, satellite receiver, etc,) and the receiver into the SCART socket of the TV. The audio and video will then be transmitted from the source device to the second TV wirelessly. For maximum convenience, the unit also relays the signals from your remote control back to the source so you can use your normal remote control to change satellite channels, etc. from the other room.. Supplied complete with SCART leads and plug in mains adaptors. Additional receivers are also available so that extra TVs can be wirelessly connected, Maplin order code L97AU. Please note: This product does NOT relay remote control signals from NTL or Telewest digital cable boxes. It will however still send the pictures and sound, you will just be unable to change the channels in the second room.

TECHNODIMWIT 20:33 13 Jan 05

i will try the sender with one reiever around the building, then purchase more,
Expensive but cost effective, hoping to connect 5 televisions wireless and not wiring the house like a pinball table again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…