Sky Broadband wireless hardware.

dalimena 20:03 08 Oct 06

I am hopefully getting Sky roadband in the next couple of weeks, this will be a wireless router. I have a Emachine E4056, this has a modem and network card installed, but i dont think it has any wireless facility to enable my computer to connect to the Sky broadband router. Therefore i would like any suggestions as to what hardware is the best to add to my computer to get the best connection?. I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest but the best write up one i suppose. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Fingees 20:50 08 Oct 06

I personally would wait to see what is supplied.

It may be that although it is a wireless router, you can set up by direct cable at first. This is normally the case for most modem/routers.

You can then establish what you really want with respect to the wireless side..

Some users of sky may advise you further of course.

Best wishes

mad1234 21:30 08 Oct 06

i have sky broadband in & with the router you are supplied with a cable which plugs direct from your network (lan)card into the back of the router. the instructions on the cd that is supplied with the router graphically explains how to wire this up.
personallly i would wire it up following these instructions & if you wish you can go wireless later as Fingees suggests

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…