Sky Broadband Problems

RJack 10:48 13 Nov 07

After being connected to Sky broadband for nearly over a week wirelessly my laptop (ACER Inspire 16402) will now not allow me to browse the internet.

The connection on the bottom right of the toolbar says i am connected & the signal strength is excellent however when i try to browse the internet it is unable to find an connection.

I have checked to make sure the LAN button says enabled on my Laptop but it still won't connect despite picking up my Sky router on available networks.

I also have a desktop which is connected wirelessly & this is working fine although & i am able to browse the internet. The signal strength on my desktop is Very Good.

Also despite connecting microfilters to all my phone points & having my telephone line checked my phone has developed a crackly line since installing Sky Broadband.

I have tried phoning Sky's technical helpdesk & without appearing to be rude i have found them as about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Any help & advice would be well received

Many thanks

xania 16:03 13 Nov 07

My first advice would be to drop them (I did only 1 week into my contract after trapping them in their second lie). But, if you've got a good connection in one of your computer's their side of the bargain sems to be holding up and you need to look elsewhere. Disconnect everything then add a bit at a time ntil the crackle occurs. ALso, if one PC works and the other doesn't, could be a damaged installation of either the receiver software or the OPerating System. But try the telephpne problem forst and report back.

RJack 14:09 15 Nov 07

Hi just to let you know i managed to get the laptop to browse again. Not quite sure how i done it though. I know it had something to do with the DNS though.

We regards to the phoneline the crackling seems to have settled down a bit but we are still waiting for an engineer to check our line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced