sky broadband help

kutino1 02:44 17 Jul 10

hello

I have decided to get sky broadband and they gave me a sagem router.i've got a new computer so i presumed i had wireless which i didn't, so i got a wireless usb adaptor(belkin)that did not even start installing, because it was incompatible with my computer.

computer
windows 7 home premium

so could someone recommend a suitable wireless usb adaptor or network card i can get so i can start using the internet(thankfully I’m with virgin at the moment)

I have just had a look through the sky router manual and it is compatible with windows 2000, XP and vista, so does that mean I’m in trouble?

thanks in advance

tullie 07:38 17 Jul 10

Assuming we are talking about a desktop,which has the router next to it,just go wired,its pointless having a wireless desktop.

dms_05 09:13 17 Jul 10

Absolutely. Just plug in one of the LAN cables into the router and the other end into you computer and you are connected.

If you really want to go wireless have you checked on the Belkin site for the latest update for a Windows 7 driver for the USB adaptor?

The router will work with any OS. Microsoft, Apple, Linux - the router doesn't interact with the OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5