Sky Broadband

DJ Techz 20:15 15 Mar 08

Hi,

I have Sky broadband Connect with a Sky Sagem Wireless Modem/Router. Every now and again my connection to the internet disconnects. When this happens on the the Sky modems page, it says PPP Server down.

Is this just because I live in a Sky Broadband Coonect area???

Ryan

QUADDRA 22:06 15 Mar 08

Hi,
My main PC (XP) is connected to the net with a wired conection to the wireless router.

My daughter has a new wireless laptop(vista) which has connected to the net wirelessly through my wireless router, no problem.

Now she has done her school homework and would like to print it.
Followed network setup wizard then I went to sharing on the printer and at one of the steps it said -turn on file and print sharing…
Then it says -
You chose to turn on file and printer sharing while your computer is connected directly to the internet. This is not recommended, because this configuration allows anyone on the internet to see your files and use your printer.

I don’t want to open my PC to anybody on the net for obvious reasons, so what do I do?

QUADDRA 22:07 15 Mar 08

sorry Ryan just posted in the wrong place

QUADDRA 22:22 15 Mar 08

Hi D J Ryan,
Just a thought, have you checked Sky broadband connects home page, sometimes they do routine maintenance which could muck about with your connection or they may have other problems.
They normally post advice on maintenance or problems on a customer page also there maybe a customer zone forum where you can post a message asking them about your problem, you may find others have been there before you with the same problem, you may even find a fix.
Hope this helps, the least I could do for my mistake. Once again sorry and hope you get your connection sorted.

DJ Techz 09:31 16 Mar 08

I forget to mention that I contacted Sky as my speed was 0.2MBps so somehow they boosted it up to about 6 to 7mbps. It usually disconnects roughly every 2 hours. I know that dial-up does this. I will just check on the Sky Connect Website.

Ryan

DJ Techz 19:37 11 Apr 08

Had a Sky person to get Sky+ box fixed and said that it was because my BT Line cannot cope with the amount of data coming through. I have email Sky and they are limiting my speed so it doesn't disconnect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…