Sky broadband

brundle 23:23 10 Oct 07

Just set up Sky BB for a friend, he wanted to be able to log straight into the home page, and so on into Email - put in the user name and password on the home page, then you can do so. However, if the IE session was closed and another started, the user name and password had to be re-entered, even though I'd ticked `remember me` when filling in the user name/password boxes. He could log into Hotmail from a shortcut without needing a password, and there was no security software interfering or privacy/security settings in IE that were preventing password storage, even adding the relevant sites to Trusted Sites didn't make any difference - IE was obviously keeping a cookie between sessions as my friend's user name appeared at the top of the home page ie "Welcome D Smith (not you?)" but this was definitely only a cookie as attempting to access email brought up the username/password box again. Does anybody on Sky broadband have experience of this problem? Is there a way round it?

bruno 17:30 11 Oct 07

I have Sky Broadband and have just tried out ways of getting the password to remember.I cannot recall how I set mine up as I have had it for a year or more,but there is no "remember me " function on my homepage.I think this may be because I already did it then.When I type my user name in,after the first couple of letters it auto suggests the rest of it and when I have completed that it puts the dots representing my password in and it then lets me in.I would guess that knowing the correct username is a security check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5