Sky Broadband

hallc 14:49 04 Mar 06

Hi All
I am in the middle of downloading sky to my pc, I`m looking for some feed back on the good/bad aspects to this, it seems quite a large download
I run win xp with aol as isp.
C

MidgetMan 15:57 04 Mar 06

I did install it but found that the files were taking so long to come down, this is because it is in fact a peer to peer programme so the files are being seeded by other users and not form a central server. This is a fact that sky try to not make blatant, it is only by reading the very fine print that it becomes obvious. I uninstalled it ( a very hard job in its self.

You also have the issue of drm, the films you download can only be watched for I think 30 days then lock, they also cannot be moved to disc for future watching.

All in all I was not happy with, if I wanted my pc to be used as in effect a seed server I would use bit torrent etc, it is also a pain to get rid, slows the pc down, uses your download limit and bandwidth etc (it still works in the background to seed even though the programme is closed.

I would do a little more research before you install it, there are a number of forums on the net that deal with this programme (google them).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now