sky Broad bad and OUTLOOK express

Boy Zone 19:27 18 Feb 08

a friend of mine has just got SKY and wants to continue using OE for send/rec mail.
(1)If he uses OE to send a test message back to himself, it sends OK but does not come back to OE, yet you can see it in the SKY mail box.
(2)If he creates a message within SKY it comes via his POP into OE.
I have checked the sky setting and the POP setting within OE and seem OK.
He can use SKY to send/rec mail, which seems OK but he would prefer to use OE.
Any help?

yaesu 19:37 18 Feb 08

Hi, on the BT site there are instructions how to do what you're asking to get BT web mail to transfer to oe, or indeed other progs. I use thunderbird without problems. Isn't there something similar on the Sky help pages? As I'm not with Sky it won't let me look, you could try sky.com/tools. Regards, yaesu

brundle 19:40 18 Feb 08

Sky use googlemail, you have to enable POP3 for the account. click here

Boy Zone 22:16 20 Feb 08

I have done this.
He can send Emails via O/E, and they appear in sky mail, but don't come back to O/E.
If he creates a message in Sky it appears in Sky but does not transfer to O/E.

brundle 22:27 20 Feb 08

Your first post "(2)If he creates a message within SKY it comes via his POP into OE."

Your second post "If he creates a message in Sky it appears in Sky but does not transfer to O/E"

When did you enable POP3 - before any problems occured?

Sea Urchin 22:49 20 Feb 08

This may help you

click here

Boy Zone 09:17 21 Feb 08

Hi Brundle,
I didn't realise there was a problem, when he went from Tiscalli to Sky, I set up his account in OE and SKY and hoped it would be a simple task.
I have been through the SKY help and checked all the boxes but no joy.
What I cant understand is if he creates a message in Sky(to himself) it goes into OE, and yet if he creates it in OE it goes into SKy but not returned back to OE.

xania 10:22 21 Feb 08

I went through these loops when I tried Sky BB. I had my own web hosted web site and 2 unique e-mail addresses to manage via OE. Before purchase, no problem - after purchase one problem after another. Let's be honest, I think they simply can't cope with any one who has more than a very basic requirement.

Result - now with demon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced