Sky BB router and sync.

the old man 20:11 07 Oct 06

I have just set up Sky BB and have done half a dozen speed tests thru the day. I am getting speeds just between 1 and 1.5 meg downloads on a connect service, exchange can go to 7meg download, and have changed from pipex 2meg service which was constant. I have just read on another forum that someone has done tests with 2 routers and the router was sync'ing at 9000 but downloading at 435kb/sec. What is this sync'ing he is talking about and have I forgotten to do something when installing my sky netgear router.

Dipso 14:37 08 Oct 06

An explanation of the the up to 8 Meg products click here

This click here explains how to set up your Sky router.

Using the link given, post back with the details on your routers status page and I'll try and figure out why your connection/speed is so slow. Depending on if/when you reply, I may not be able to answer for a few days but will chack back asap.

It's not your exchange that can go to 7 Meg, more likely that's the estimate for your line.

the old man 08:47 14 Oct 06

Sorry took so long but would you believe that McAfee Privacy would not let me log onto website and only last night did I get the suspicion that it is what has caused me problems.
I am now hitting 4meg speeds regularly, well over the last 24 hours, so am a lot happier.
I posted because I had read about the syncing and didn't know anything about it. Only dealt with a modem before so these new fangled routers have caused brain strain.
will go and have a look at your links now, so thanks for reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…