Skipping and jumping DVD's

jagx400 13:48 05 May 04

I recently backed up some of my DVD's, the ones that were region 1, as my new player is not multi region. They play perfect on my JVC player, never missing a single frame, but if I play them on the player in the bedroom which is an Asda special some skip and jump, I take them out and they are alright for a bit and then skip again and never in the same place. I tried them on a Sony player and 5 were ok but one jumped. Is this down to media or just some players are more fussy than others. I use Mirror blank dvd's, sometimes +'s and sometimes -'s it happens whichever format i use. I use a NEC 2500 writer with latest firmware

jagx400 16:19 05 May 04

boing

SEASHANTY 16:36 05 May 04

I purchased a pack of Mirror DVD-R to use with my Panasonic standalone DMR-E60 recorder. These are 4x
and as they are listed as Panasonic-Mirror discs I assumed that they would be OK for this machine. One has worked OK and three have not. It will not record on them. Fortunately I have a good stock of
Verbatim 2x and 4x which work everytime. Also Ritek
4x work OK. I have given up on the Mirror discs. May try them on the LG 4040B and the Pioneer A105
when I get around to installing these in my PC's.

Rayuk 18:12 05 May 04

I would say its a media problem,best option would be to look for DVD-r disks with G04 dye by Rytek which seem to have the best compatability

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…