Skidzy Re: CD or DVD

bellababy 18:22 20 Sep 06

Skidzy. Point taken and apologies to Basil B Brush if he reads this, who's thread I unintentionally
hijacked. see.
click here
I looked up DVD in google and found a site that gave very good description of the difference, I now understand so will get some DVDs to attempt follow advice given in the above thread.Thanks.

bellababy 18:38 20 Sep 06

I found that link Re DVD which I first lost then found again see. click here

Forgot to mention I do have a DVD writer. Thanks for your help.

skidzy 20:25 20 Sep 06

Hi again Bella

If you go ahead with the system recovery,keep an eye open for a message asking you to make a recovery disc,like ive said before,some will give you this option some will not.

What cd/dvd burning software do you have ?

If unsure,look through start and all programs.

bellababy 20:42 20 Sep 06

This is what comes up using Belarc
COMBO IDE5216CO [CD-ROM drive]

On the actual box outside PC it say's
Combo 52 X DVD rom

So does that mean maybe? it can read DVDs but not necessarly write them?

skidzy 20:51 20 Sep 06

Exactly Bella:

It looks like a drive for just playing CD/DVD's, is there no mention of rw for the cd drive.

Start/My Computer and look for the cd drive,normally it will say there if it has write facilities.

If you do not have this availble,you may consider an external rw drive that plugs in via usb.

Better method is an internal rewriter if you know someone to fit it for you.

bellababy 20:52 20 Sep 06

Sorry a misunderstanding I have Nero 6 and I note that it has Nero Back it up! which is maybe the one I would need to use would it?

bellababy 20:56 20 Sep 06

Well I know I can write Music files and Data files. As I have already done that albeit with CD's only.

skidzy 20:58 20 Sep 06

I would assume the Nero backup is for your pics/docs etc.

I do not use Nero and have limited knowledge of Nero,it may have a program that helps make the recovery cd/dvd but i cannot be sure.

I think you need to make sure that you have the facility of making the cd/dvd first before you try the recovery process.
Like ive said you need a rewriter to be able to make the recovery disc.

bellababy 21:01 20 Sep 06

Yes according to the info when I look on Audio CD in My Computer and click on properties it says enable recording on this drive.

bellababy 21:07 20 Sep 06

Are we talking bootable disk here? if so Nero say's it can make one. Thing is will my combo52x be up to it?

skidzy 21:10 20 Sep 06

Start/Right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/

Now look for cd/dvd drives and expand the +key

Is there any mention of RW ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…