Size matters in Windows Explorer

BobG65 23:59 14 Oct 03

I'm running w2k on a newish computer.
Does anyone know why the size of the Windows Explorer window (short cut: "explorer.exe /e")should be dependent on the Internet Explorer window size.
I want to break the link if possible because I like to run W Explorer 3/4 size and IE full screen.
The title bar on both windows shows Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve (my BB connection).
I suspect a regedit coming on but I don't know where.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Gray

MichelleC 09:12 15 Oct 03

I'm not sure I understand, but if you want either explorer windows to a specific size just drag the sides to whatever size then close; thereafter they'll open to that size.

Wes Tam ;-) 09:24 15 Oct 03

This might help click here but it only refers to the IE window size

BobG65 10:50 15 Oct 03

Wes Tam ;-)
Thanks for the link. It works for IE but not for Windows Explorer.

MichelleC
I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. When I open Windows Explorer it opens at a size equal to the settings of Internet Explorer. I can alter the size of Windows Explorer with the drag function as you suggest but when I close and re-open the window it reverts to whatever size the Internet Explorer window was last set.
If I alter Internet Explorer's window by dragging and then close the window. Windows Explorer will open at that size not how I closed it last time. I'm beginning to wonder if the Freeserve software has altered a setting.

Thank you both for your interest.

Bob Gray

MichelleC 11:52 15 Oct 03

Or maybe sp1 for ie6 has altered something. I had a few probs on w2k with updates to ie6, so deleted ie6 updates, rebooted and reinstalled and it cleared probs.

BobG65 17:35 15 Oct 03

MichelleC
Bingo. I cleared the last update and all is back to normal.

Many thanks

Bob Gray

BobG65 17:38 15 Oct 03

Sorry,

I didn't intend to call you MichelleC Bingo.

Formatting error.

Bob Gray

PS. Can we edit our posts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…