Size matters in Windows Explorer

BobG65 23:59 14 Oct 03

I'm running w2k on a newish computer.
Does anyone know why the size of the Windows Explorer window (short cut: "explorer.exe /e")should be dependent on the Internet Explorer window size.
I want to break the link if possible because I like to run W Explorer 3/4 size and IE full screen.
The title bar on both windows shows Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve (my BB connection).
I suspect a regedit coming on but I don't know where.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Gray

MichelleC 09:12 15 Oct 03

I'm not sure I understand, but if you want either explorer windows to a specific size just drag the sides to whatever size then close; thereafter they'll open to that size.

Wes Tam ;-) 09:24 15 Oct 03

This might help click here but it only refers to the IE window size

BobG65 10:50 15 Oct 03

Wes Tam ;-)
Thanks for the link. It works for IE but not for Windows Explorer.

MichelleC
I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. When I open Windows Explorer it opens at a size equal to the settings of Internet Explorer. I can alter the size of Windows Explorer with the drag function as you suggest but when I close and re-open the window it reverts to whatever size the Internet Explorer window was last set.
If I alter Internet Explorer's window by dragging and then close the window. Windows Explorer will open at that size not how I closed it last time. I'm beginning to wonder if the Freeserve software has altered a setting.

Thank you both for your interest.

Bob Gray

MichelleC 11:52 15 Oct 03

Or maybe sp1 for ie6 has altered something. I had a few probs on w2k with updates to ie6, so deleted ie6 updates, rebooted and reinstalled and it cleared probs.

BobG65 17:35 15 Oct 03

MichelleC
Bingo. I cleared the last update and all is back to normal.

Many thanks

Bob Gray

BobG65 17:38 15 Oct 03

Sorry,

I didn't intend to call you MichelleC Bingo.

Formatting error.

Bob Gray

PS. Can we edit our posts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch