size matters (screen)

davey emcee 20:33 07 Apr 09

Any help appreciated please.
I have a programme called "X-Driven" (a vehicle mounted event\video\sound recorder)
When running the viewer programme on desktop computer (xp sp2, 17" monitor screen res 1280x1024) the programme doesn't quite fit the full screen, (about 1"too small all round) but that's OK.
When I run the programme on my NC10 net-book (xp sp3 10.2" screen, res 1024x600), the programme extends well beyond the screen edge and the programme controls are inaccessible below the bottom of the screen. Any help to "shrink" the programme to fit the net-book screen would be most welcome.

MAT ALAN 20:34 07 Apr 09

have you tried diferent screen resolutions...

brundle 20:35 07 Apr 09

Try Sizer; click here

If the program has been designed for a certain screen size (using graphics and backgrounds that are a fixed size for example) it might not work properly, but it's worth a try.

DieSse 00:47 08 Apr 09

Why not ask the suppliers - they should know. (their website isn't too helpful though).

davey emcee 11:26 08 Apr 09

Thanks for responses. Mat I've tried most combinations of resolutions with no luck. DieSse you're right, no help there I'm afraid. Brundle I'll look into that one thanks, if I get any luck I'll get back to you.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017