Size if SD Card in Compact Camera

Scrivers 10:22 AM 27 May 11

Anyone know why my Canon Ixus 880IS won't take a 4Gb HCSD card. I takes a 2Gb SD card fine. Same with my Garmin Nuvi 255W satnav. Neither wants to take the larger size card.

johndrew 10:32 AM 27 May 11

Depending on the camera, there is a maximum size card that it is capable of using. You will need to check the camera manual for the specification.

If the manual says the camera will take a 4GB card but the card fails to work then it may be the card that is not functioning; check it using a multi-card reader with your PC.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:33 AM 27 May 11

HC SD High Capacity newer file system on the card to fit more on.

Older equipment was not designed for the "newer" HC cards

I have a couple of card readers that cannot see the HC cards

That's progress for you :0)

Scrivers 16:07 PM 27 May 11

Thanks for your response. Do either of you know about the satnav problem. Do you think the same issue applies. Neither kit is that old, so it's disappointing if the problem is that they won't take the higher capacity card. I'll check my camera manual.

woodchip 17:02 PM 27 May 11

My Acer PDA with built in GPS can only take 2Gig and I think TomTom as that limit

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites