Sites retaining click through URL info

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:36 26 Jun 06

How is it that some sites retain info on URL's clicked through. What I mean is, if I click on a link, it goes through, then when I visit the page again, the link retains the purple colour, to show that I have clicked on the link previously.

This happens despite using software to completely erase all surfing history and cookies at every browser close and restart of the PC.

I have installed, and use HistoryKill, Evidence Blaster and have also user CC Cleaner.

As my IP Address is dynamically assigned, and therefore different every time I log on, where and how is this information retained om my PC. This happens on various sites, including MS sites (Knowledge Base, MP Player etc)

Any ideas please

woodchip 17:40 26 Jun 06

The software you are using on clears them after you have done surfing not while you are using it

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:54 26 Jun 06

Thanks for the reply, I should of explained better, this happens even after a reboot, indeed it happens even if there is a couple of days between visits to the sites mentioned.

Also for further info I use AVG Pro, Ad Aware, Spybot S&D, A2, and as stated cCleaner. All are up to date and report a clean system. As this has been happening for some time, system restore is also not a viable option.

Any other ideas?

VoG II 17:56 26 Jun 06

Have you tried CleanUp! click here

Once you have run it it will prompt you to reboot to complete the cleaning process.

Marsh Warden © ™ 18:20 26 Jun 06

Just downloaded and tried CleanUp, but still no change after a Standard Clean.

Any more ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…