Sites I don't want,best action?

rdh660 16:58 14 Jan 05

I as searching the web for a particular topic and clicked on a link which opened a page which was far from what I was looking for and very explicit. However when I tried to close the unwanted page down but others displaying similar explicit content kept springing up before my very eyes.
Is it possible to stop the continual opening of sites on closing others in such a case or is the only cure to close down explorer completely and start from the begining again.
Thanks for your time.

Confab 17:35 14 Jan 05

You could try popup stopper

click here

octal 17:39 14 Jan 05

Alternatively you could use another browser which has much better control over your surfing, like this one: click here

Chezdez 17:40 14 Jan 05

yup, go with octals suggestion ;)

VoG II 17:43 14 Jan 05

Some sites pop up as many as five or six additional browser windows containing ads or related sites. The best thing to do is close them all. Some sites keep opening up a new window every time you close one – if you can’t keep up press and hold [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] together, and shut down your browser.

click here

rdh660 17:48 14 Jan 05

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I will give another browser a try, and try to be a bit more careful when I click on search engines suggested linksn
regards
Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…