Sitemap for sub-folder

cycoze 02 Mar 10

I have two sites on the same domain, the main (A)one I have built a sitemap for and installed.

The second site (B) is in a sub-folder of the main site, the address points to this sub-folder.

Both sites work fine, however when i generated the site A's map it picked up site B's pages, i have been able to generate a separate map for site B which picks up only B's pages.

Any Ideas?

I did not set this up originally, it would have been easier as a sub-domain I am sure.

cycoze 02 Mar 10

Amazing I just found this page via a search on Google for the problem, shows this site is a top hitter !

cycoze 03 Mar 10

I'm thinking if I block the sub-folder via a robots.txt file I can then generate a new site map for the main site which in theory should only list the main sites pages.

I can then generate a second map for the sub-folder as before.

cycoze 03 Mar 10

Blocked the sub using a robots.txt, generated a map for (A) and then unblocked the sub and generated a map for that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message