Sitecom WL328 wont connect to WAN

Calx 21:07 06 May 10

Hi all,

I have recently bought Sitecom WL328 and i want to connect to it to the wall socket so i can use wireless internet on two laptops.

I live in a student flat, so we just get a ethernet cable from the wall and that's it.

Can someone help me configure my sitecom to work?

I've been trying all the settings and read alot of posts and guides. Nothing really helped so far.

Thanks in advance,
Cal

mgmcc 22:24 06 May 10

You should only have to plug an ethernet cable between the wall outlet and the router's WAN port to install it. Normally the default settings for a "Cable/DSL" router are correct - it gets its addresses by DHCP.

Then connect a computer to one of its LAN ports using a second ethernet cable and see if the computer gets online. Only if that's OK should you progress to connecting "wirelessly". Normally the wireless settings are configured by typing the router's IP address into your web browser, which will open the setup pages.

One thing to be aware of is that your router must operate in a different Subnet (IP address range) from that used by the router that is serving your wall socket. For example, if connecting directly to the wall socket gives you a 192.168.1.x address, the third 'octet' (number) of your router's LAN IP address must be something other than "1".

Calx 22:48 06 May 10

I have tried that but it didnt work.
Normally i have to type in a username and a password in order to connect.
Im using PPPoE btw.

mgmcc 09:03 07 May 10

Have you actually been told to use PPPoE to connect? Normally, if an ethernet connection is already available, you'd simply connect your router as a "sub-router" to the main one; you wouldn't use Point-to-Point Protocol to connect and wouldn't require a Username/Password.

If you are currently entering a Username & Password, what software are you connecting with that prompts for these details?

Calx 09:47 07 May 10

well, without the router, i have to use a username and password and we are to use PPPoE to make a connection.

I'v been old to try clonen the MAC and all, but i just dont know where to, exactly.

The software i use to connect is this thing called "WAN Miniport"

It's internet connection from my university btw, TU Delft.

below, i attached some images of teh GUI of my router.
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

mgmcc 12:32 07 May 10

Sorry, I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Your best option is probably to get help from someone else at the university who has managed to set it up.

Calx 12:46 07 May 10

yeah,i think i should probably go visit the ICT people at the university.

Thanks mgmcc!!

I'll post the solution if it's fixed.

Calx 16:06 07 May 10

in the end, i have to return the product, because this thing is just not gonna work.

Thanks again mgmcc for your help

john810 07:06 12 May 10

Nice article,thank you.
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5