Sitecom Wireless Router Issue - Not Working

AndyLoudon1989 17:30 16 Sep 08

I'm using a laptop (on vista) that, until recently, was connected wirelesly to a sitecom WL-173 router. After allowing someone to use the wireless connection, it appears that the wireless portion of the router is no longer functioning. I can access the internet when I use an ethernet cable to connect directly between my laptop and the router, but cannot find a wireless connection. can anyone give me any pointers as to why this might have happened, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Andy.

ferdinent 18:51 16 Sep 08

Hi

> Check the wirelss connection status in your computer , it should be " connected " .

> check the ip address of the wirelss adaptor , it should be in the same ip subnet of the router (if it is static)

AndyLoudon1989 19:10 16 Sep 08

thanks for the reply.

Checked the IP address', and they match as far as I can see.

I cant check the wireless connection status, because I cant establish a connection. (At the moment, I am accessing the internet via the second, wired connection that is entierly seperate from the wireless connection in question.)

AndyLoudon1989 19:22 16 Sep 08

Appologies for double posting, I cant seem to find an edit function to edit my earlier post.

I've managed to establish a local wireless connection between the laptop and router, but cant seem to be able to get any further.

ferdinent 18:13 17 Sep 08

Hi

Seems you are connected with the wirelss network .

the ip address is assigns as static or given by DHCP ?

if it is static address make sure the ip address is the same subnet , and check the dns address also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…