SiteBar! Adware removal

OK Computer 19:56 03 Feb 05

I'm looking for some urgent help!

I have just reinstalled my PC and within minutes of connecting to my adsl broadband I received some sort of adware software. It pops up a grey window saying:

SITEBAR!

Internet Explorer Add-in

Click here to update your system with a custom sitebar.

Any ideas? Ive ran Adware and I dont think its detecting it let alone removing it. I'm desperate for a free way of removing this, its becoming very irritating! Any ideas? Please help!

VoG II 20:01 03 Feb 05

Uninstaller click here

OK Computer 20:21 03 Feb 05

Thanks, tried that and it looked like it had worked, I restarted my PC and connected back onto the internet without a problem, then my broadband dropped and it came back!!! arghhh! I think it has left a file on my c:\ that just keeps coming back called ysbinstall and the licence agreement points to a website called some like ybs . com (I havent gone there yet for fear of making it worse)

OK Computer 20:48 03 Feb 05

also, my internet access appears to be running very slow. Sometime I will open IE and I know
that I will have a problem because when I start typing something like say google, it wont try to autocomplete, I then try and connect to the site and the page cannot be found, Im guessing this is connected to the adware that I have?

OK Computer 20:51 03 Feb 05

Its so weird! All of a sudden my internet access is flying again! confused!

OK Computer 21:03 03 Feb 05

Sorry to be a pain in the backside but I also noticed a text file on the root of my c:\ drive called debug.txt and has mass amounts of content along the lines of this:

NICK [nese]-41265493
USER ybcgcllebe 0 0 :[nese]-41265493
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking ident...
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Received identd response
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
:hub.rightupyours.com 001 [nese]-41265493 :Welcome to the rightupyours.com IRC Network [nese]-41265493!~[email protected]
USERHOST [nese]-41265493
MODE [nese]-41265493 -x+B
JOIN #b00l33n b00l

I've never heard or been on this website! WTF?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…