SiteBar! Adware removal

OK Computer 19:56 03 Feb 05

I'm looking for some urgent help!

I have just reinstalled my PC and within minutes of connecting to my adsl broadband I received some sort of adware software. It pops up a grey window saying:

SITEBAR!

Internet Explorer Add-in

Click here to update your system with a custom sitebar.

Any ideas? Ive ran Adware and I dont think its detecting it let alone removing it. I'm desperate for a free way of removing this, its becoming very irritating! Any ideas? Please help!

VoG II 20:01 03 Feb 05

Uninstaller click here

OK Computer 20:21 03 Feb 05

Thanks, tried that and it looked like it had worked, I restarted my PC and connected back onto the internet without a problem, then my broadband dropped and it came back!!! arghhh! I think it has left a file on my c:\ that just keeps coming back called ysbinstall and the licence agreement points to a website called some like ybs . com (I havent gone there yet for fear of making it worse)

OK Computer 20:48 03 Feb 05

also, my internet access appears to be running very slow. Sometime I will open IE and I know
that I will have a problem because when I start typing something like say google, it wont try to autocomplete, I then try and connect to the site and the page cannot be found, Im guessing this is connected to the adware that I have?

OK Computer 20:51 03 Feb 05

Its so weird! All of a sudden my internet access is flying again! confused!

OK Computer 21:03 03 Feb 05

Sorry to be a pain in the backside but I also noticed a text file on the root of my c:\ drive called debug.txt and has mass amounts of content along the lines of this:

NICK [nese]-41265493
USER ybcgcllebe 0 0 :[nese]-41265493
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking ident...
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Received identd response
:hub.rightupyours.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
:hub.rightupyours.com 001 [nese]-41265493 :Welcome to the rightupyours.com IRC Network [nese]-41265493!~[email protected]
USERHOST [nese]-41265493
MODE [nese]-41265493 -x+B
JOIN #b00l33n b00l

I've never heard or been on this website! WTF?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…