SiteAdvisor/Firefox problems ?

Belatucadrus 20:00 27 Sep 08

After a recent reformat and reload, I got round to sticking SiteAdvisor back on Firefox, Siteadvisor 26.6 & Firefox 2.0.0.17 to be exact. As a long time fan and user of both was unprepared for the result. Firefox brought to it's knees, locking up and/or crashing. Finally had to delete SiteAdvisor to get things back to normal. Anybody else had this problem. If so is there a work around ?

birdface 20:30 27 Sep 08

Site advisor stopped working for me yesterday.It would not update.So had to delete it and download it again.All the sites I went to it would not download.So ran the McAfee removal tool this morning and tried again.Nope still would not download.Eventually got to one site where it did download but must have spent a couple of hours trying to fix it.Its working Ok now but I am on I/E7 so not sure if it was just a McAfee problem.Now I think this was the only site that would work for me but not 100% sure.click here

Belatucadrus 20:39 27 Sep 08

Could be a McAfee problem, I tried to download SiteAdvisor for IE and the only thing I got was a non functional partial download of a 64 bit version, which needless to say didn't work. Ho hum, maybe I'll give them a couple of days and try again.

sanchoPanza 20:41 27 Sep 08

give web of trust a whirl for firefox
click here

Belatucadrus 10:41 28 Sep 08

Thanks for that one, I'm giving it a try, though for some reason the download at Mozilla wasn't working and I had to get it from Major geeks. Seems good.

€dstowe 11:58 28 Sep 08

SiteAdvisor became too obtrusive and I transferred to WOT for Firefox. Had it going about 4 weeks and so far, very pleased with it.

Halmer 12:24 28 Sep 08

was supposed to have all these angles covered now in it's basic format especially series 3.

Wot does Wot do that Firefox doen't?

Halmer 12:38 28 Sep 08

I can now see the extra functionality and flexibility such as child protection, control over alerts etc.

It is similar in many ways to the K9 web protection system click here that I use on both PCs in our house. This can be used with any browser and is extremely unintrusive,flexible and reliable. I've only ever had a couple of very minor issues with it in the two years or so that I have used it.

WOT looks very good though.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…